Summer camp is a 1-week camp for children in Grade 4/5/6 offered for 6 weeks in 2020, during the months of July and August, at Western.
Registration for summer camp will open on February 3, 2020 at 12pm.
ThemesThis year we will be offering summer camps with two distinct themes. This will allow you to register your child for two consecutive weeks. The detailed schedule for each theme will be announced in June 2020. Theme 1: Set your Sights on Satellites
- 2020 – Set your Sights on Satellites!
- In this week, the campers will learn about the celestial bodies, big and small, in our Solar System as well as in the Universe! Activities may include building your own Solar System, creating a cosmic calendar and a visit to the Cronyn Observatory to test their own star finding tools.
- $275.00 for 5 day weeks (Week 1, 2, 3, 6 & 7)
- $220.00 for 4 day week (Week 5)
Schedule & Registration for 2020Paper Registration: Registration is also possible via a printable PDF. Download the Summer Camp Registration form here. Send the form along with a cheque of the full amount, payable to ‘Western University’ to the following address:
Institute for Earth and Space Exploration
Western Science Centre, Room 121
1151 Richmond St.
CANADA N6A 5B7 Please note that the complete registrations are processed on first-come-first-serve basis. The registration is not complete until payment is received and the spot will not be held until the cheque is received. Online Registration: In order to register and pay online, you must create an account. Creation of an account can be found under Parents Area, Create Account (or please click here to create an account). You will then be able to register under Parents Area, Register Child. A link will also be available in the box below. Theme 1: Set your Sights on Satellites
Week 1: July 6-10
Week 3: July 20-24
Week 6: August 10-14
Week 2: July 13-17
Week 5: August 4-7*
Week 7: August 17-21
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- All cancellation and refund requests must be sent via e-mail to email@example.com two weeks prior to the camp’s start date. No refunds will be issued if the request is made less than two weeks of the start date of the camp.
- A 15% non-refundable administration fee is applied to any and all cancellations.
- There are no refunds issued for the days during which your child is not present during the registered days.
- If you choose to modify the attendance details, including the week or the age group, the request must be submitted in writing two weeks prior to the camp’s start date. In this instance, a $15.00 change fee will be administered to your account.
- In all circumstances, a full refund will be issued for withdrawals due to medical reasons, with appropriate medical documentation provided.
- No refunds will be made in the event of university closure.