Summer camp is a 1-week camp for children ages 9 to 11 offered for 8 weeks in 2018, during the months of July and August, at Western.
This year we will be offering summer camps with two distinct themes. This will allow you to register your child for two consecutive weeks. The detailed schedule for each theme will be announced in June 2018.
Theme 1: Journey to Mars
- During this week, campers will be preparing for a mission to Mars through various activities such as mapping possible landing sites, designing mission, and building rover using Lego Mindstorms to traverse the Martian Landforms.
Theme 2: Journey through the Universe
- In this week, the campers will learn about the celestial bodies, big and small, in our Solar System as well as in the Universe! Activities may include building your own Solar System, creating a cosmic calendar and a visit to the Cronyn Observatory to test their own star finding tools.
- $275.00 for 5 day weeks (Week 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 & 8)
- $220.00 for 4 day week (Week 1 & 6)
Limited number of bursaries will be available.
Download the bursary form here: BursaryForm_2018
Application for the bursary are due on April 15, 2018. Applications received after April 15, 2018 may be considered depending on the availability of the bursaries. As the applications are evaluated based on the financial need, please read and fill in the application carefully and submit it along with the proof of income.
If you have any questions related to the bursaries, please contact us at 519-661-2111 ext. 88508 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule & Registration for 2018
Registration is also possible via a printable PDF.
Download the Summer Camp Registration form here: SpaceExplorers_SummerCamp2018_RegistrationForm
Send the form along with a cheque of the full amount, payable to ‘Western University’ to the following address:
Centre for Planetary Science and Exploration (CPSX)
Office of the Dean of the Faculty of Science
Western Science Centre, Room 191
1151 Richmond St.
CANADA N6A 5B7
Please note that the complete registrations are processed on first-come-first-serve basis. The registration is not complete until payment is received and the spot will not be held until the cheque is received.
In order to register and pay online, you must create an account. Creation of an account can be found under Parents Area, Create Account (or please click here to create an account). You will then be able to register under Parents Area, Register Child. A link will also be available in the box below.
*Please Note: Week 1 is a 4-day week due to Canada Day. As this is a shorter Week, the price for the camp is reduced.
*Please Note: Week 6 is a 4-day week due to Civic Holiday. As this is a shorter Week, the price for the camp is reduced.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- All cancellation and refund requests must be sent via e-mail to email@example.com two weeks prior to the camp’s start date. No refunds will be issued if the request is made less than two weeks of the start date of the camp.
- A 15% non-refundable administration fee is applied to any and all cancellations.
- There are no refunds issued for the days during which your child is not present during the registered days.
- If you choose to modify the attendance details, including the week or the age group, the request must be submitted in writing two weeks prior to the camp’s start date. In this instance, a $15.00 change fee will be administered to your account.
- In all circumstances, a full refund will be issued for withdrawals due to medical reasons, with appropriate medical documentation provided.
- No refunds will be made in the event of university closure.